Thread: Take 5: They rule as Elizabeths

Default Take 5: They rule as Elizabeths

The Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, right, marking the 60th anniversary of her accession to the British throne, will be celebrated with many special events this week in the U.K. Among them is a star-studded concert that will be broadcast Tuesday on ABC as part of a special Katie Couric-hosted edition of "20/20." Join us in a chorus of "God Save the Queen" (not the Sex Pistols' version) as we offer up five of our favorite TV Elizabeths:

1. ELIZABETH LEMON ("30 Rock") -- We know her best as Liz, of course. But did you know that Tina Fey's real first name is Elizabeth? (She takes her professional name from her middle name, which is Stamatina.)

2. ELIZABETH BROOKE MCGUIRE ("Lizzie McGuire") -- Likewise, Hilary Duff's teen character was best known by the diminutive.

3. ELIZABETH ("Life With Elizabeth") -- She had no last name, and few remember the show. But attention must be paid -- this 1953-55 syndicated comedy marked Betty White's first series role.

4. DR. ELIZABETH CORDAY ("ER") -- Alex Kingston's British surgeon was best known for having an affair with co-worker Dr. Peter Benton (Eriq LaSalle) and being the wife of the late Dr. Mark Greene (Anthony Edwards) and mother of their child.

5. ELIZABETH SANFORD ("Sanford and Son") -- We never got to see her, but the deceased wife of Fred Sanford (Redd Foxx) was an integral character. Whenever Fred got stressed out (which was often and usually prompted by something his son Lamont said), he'd fake a heart attack and wail, "I'm coming, Elizabeth, I'm coming."

Source: http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...eths-1.3753193

Lizzie McGuire is my favorite TV Elizabeth too hehe I don't think I know any others.